Executive offices: 8805 Governors Hill, Suite 105, Cincinnati, Ohio 45249, Tel 513-697-2640
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients, doctors and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients, doctors and staff. They are as follows:
- Our office will attempt to communicate with you beforehand by telephone to ask some screening questions. If you have not responded to these screening questions by 48 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office prior to your treatment.
- In addition, we will ask you for your insurance information at the time we make your appointment. We also encourage you to complete your Health History forms, Consent forms and Acknowledgement of Hippa policy forms located on our website (famdentalcare.com) prior to your appointment. Please bring your completed forms with you to your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Social distancing will be observed in our office and waiting area. There will be significantly fewer waiting room seats available.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- It is essential that patients cooperate in the following areas:
- All patients are not permitted to enter the office without a face covering mask.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you call our office from your vehicle in the parking lot to advise us of your arrival and our staff will return your call when your treatment room is ready.
- All patients must come alone for appointments (except where necessary for interpreters, guardians of minors and others needing assistance)
- All patients will have their temperature recorded when they arrive for their appointment
- All patients reporting or exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms will be advised to contact their primary care physician immediately and will not be treated at our office until approved by their primary care physician.
- All patients will be required to use a pre-procedural mouth rinse immediately before your dental care to further promote the safety and health of everyone.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 513-697-2640.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Michael Fuchs D.D.S.